Seated clamshells are a type of exercise that can be done while sitting down. This exercise is particularly beneficial for seniors and the elderly, as
Telus vs. Life Assure – A Side by Side Comparison
When it comes to choosing the right medical alert system for yourself or a loved one, the options can be overwhelming. In this comparison, we will focus on two prominent players in the industry: Telus and Life Assure. Both companies have made significant strides in providing seniors and individuals with disabilities the tools they need to live independently and securely. We’ll delve into the features, pricing, and overall advantages and disadvantages of each company’s offerings to help you make an informed decision in selecting the best medical alert system to suit your needs and lifestyle.
Having said that, let’s dive into the main differences between the 2 companies.
Telus Health Company Overview
Telus is a Canadian telecommunications company that has been around since 1990 and is considered one of the top 3 telecommunications companies in Canada. They acquired Direct Alert in 2019 to expand into the medical alert system market and rebranded that division to Telus LivingWell Companion. Telus offers a mobile medical alert system that can be used both inside and outside of the home, and it is GPS-enabled.
Features and Services
Some of the features of Telus medical alert system include:
- Mobile medical alert system: Telus offers a mobile medical alert system that can be used both inside and outside of the home. It is GPS-enabled and can be used to call for help in case of an emergency.
- Apple Watch Option: With TELUS Health Companion, the cellular-enabled Apple Watch gives you access to 24/7 live emergency operators – discreetly around your wrist.
- Mobile App: Telus has a mobile app that can be used to track a user’s location and call for help in case of an emergency. The app can be used to check on a loved one’s status and receive notifications when they leave or arrive at specific locations.
The cost of Telus medical alert system varies depending on the plan you choose. Telus offers several different plans with different features and pricing options. In general, the cost will range from $30-$54 a month. There is a 1 year contract with Telus and you will also receive a credit check hit.
Pros and Cons of Telus Medical Alert System
When evaluating the Telus medical alert system, it’s essential to consider both the advantages and disadvantages. Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons:
- Mobile Options: Telus offers versatile mobile solutions, ensuring protection both at home and on-the-go.
- Apple Watch Option: Telus has an innovative Apple Watch option, integrating medical alert features into a sleek, modern wearable device.
- Mobile App: The Telus mobile app allows users and caregivers to monitor and manage the medical alert system with ease.
- Industry Reputation: Telus has a well-established reputation in the telecommunications industry, offering reliability and trustworthiness.
- 1-Year Contract: Telus requires a 1-year commitment, which may not be suitable for those seeking flexibility or short-term use.
- Credit Check Hit: Telus may perform a credit check when signing up for their services, potentially impacting your credit score.
Overall, Telus medical alert system may be a good choice for those who are looking for a mobile system. It may be especially beneficial for Telus customers who are already using their telecommunications services since bundle discounts are available. However, it’s important to carefully compare the costs and features of different options before making a decision.
Life Assure Company Overview
Life Assure is a relatively new player in the medical alert industry, dedicated to providing high-quality personal emergency response systems for seniors and individuals with disabilities. The company has quickly gained recognition for its competitive pricing, user-friendly devices, and commitment to customer satisfaction.
Features & Services
- Diverse Plans: Life Assure offers a range of plans to cater to different needs and lifestyles, including:
- Basic: A cost-effective solution with essential features such as 24/7 professional monitoring and landline or cellular connectivity.
- Premium: An enhanced plan with additional features like mobile GPS technology and fall detection.
- Total: A comprehensive package offering complete peace of mind, including all features from the Basic and Premium plans, along with medication reminders.
- 24/7 Professional Monitoring: Life Assure’s monitoring services are available around the clock, ensuring that users can receive immediate assistance in case of an emergency. Certified emergency responders at U.S.-based call centers handle alerts efficiently and professionally.
- Equipment and Devices: Life Assure’s medical alert devices are designed with user-friendliness in mind.
- Landline and Cellular Options: Compatible with both traditional landlines and modern cellular networks for seamless connectivity.
- Mobile GPS Technology: Allows for accurate location tracking, making it easier for emergency responders to locate users in need of assistance.
- Fall Detection: Automatically detects falls and sends an alert to the monitoring center.
- Waterproof Devices: Designed to be worn even in the shower or bath, ensuring continuous protection.
- Customer Support
Life Assure’s customer support team is available to assist with any questions or concerns, providing guidance on installation, usage, and troubleshooting. The company prides itself on offering personalized, attentive service to ensure user satisfaction.
Life Assure Medical Alert Systems offers affordable and competitive pricing options to cater to various budgets and requirements. Their Basic plan starts at around $29.99 per month, providing essential features such as 24/7 professional monitoring and landline or cellular connectivity. For users seeking more advanced features, the Premium plan, priced at around $49.95 per month, includes mobile GPS technology and fall detection. Life Assure’s commitment to providing cost-effective solutions without compromising on quality makes it an attractive choice for seniors and individuals with disabilities looking for reliable medical alert systems.
Pros & Cons
When considering Life Assure Medical Alert Systems, it is essential to weigh the pros and cons to determine if their offerings align with your needs and preferences. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of choosing Life Assure:
- Competitive Pricing: Life Assure offers affordable monthly fees, making it accessible to a wider range of users without compromising on quality or essential features.
- User-friendly Devices: Life Assure’s equipment is designed with seniors and individuals with disabilities in mind, ensuring ease of use and simplicity.
- Mobile GPS Technology: The availability of mobile GPS technology in some plans allows for accurate location tracking, making it easier for emergency responders to locate users in need of assistance.
- Fall Detection: The inclusion of fall detection in the Premium and Total plans offers an extra layer of protection for users who may be at risk of falling.
- Newer Company: As a relatively newer company in the medical alert industry, Life Assure may not have the same level of brand recognition or an extensive history of achievements and milestones compared to more established providers..
- Fall Detection Not Included in Basic Plan: Fall detection, an essential feature for many users, is not included in the Basic plan and requires an upgrade to a higher-tier plan. Very common across all companies.
Considering these pros and cons, it’s essential to evaluate your specific needs, budget, and preferences when deciding if Life Assure Medical Alert Systems is the right choice for you or your loved ones.
Both Life Assure and Telus offer reliable medical alert systems tailored to the needs of seniors and individuals with disabilities. While Life Assure provides competitive pricing and a variety of plans, Telus has a strong reputation in the telecommunications industry and offers innovative options like the Apple Watch integration and a mobile app.
In the end, the decision regarding the most suitable medical alert system relies on your unique needs and what you prioritize. If affordability and diverse plans are your priority, Life Assure might be the better choice for you. However, if you value a well-established brand and advanced features, Telus could be the ideal option. It’s crucial to carefully assess the features, pricing, and customer reviews of both companies before making an informed decision that suits your needs and lifestyle.
Healthcare is a critical concern for senior citizens, given their higher risk of developing chronic conditions and increased need for medical attention. Both the United