For three decades, Bruno Independent Living Aids has helped people with restricted mobility live happier, more fulfilling lives. Bruno Independent Living Aids has devoted itself to the production of only the highest quality stairlifts. Bruno Independent Living Aids is a family-owned business headquartered in the United States but with local dealers all over the world including places like Canada, Brazil, Columbia, Mexico, Europe, and even in Asian countries like Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, and so on. Bruno’s emphasis on quality has ranked it amongst the finest and most reputable companies involved in the production of stairlifts and other independent living aids products. Bruno is also affiliated with associations such as the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association and has received various awards like the Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year award in recognition of the excellence of their products.
Apart from stairlifts, Bruno Independent Living Aids is also involved in the manufacture of other products like Vertical platform lifts, scooters, and Powerchair lifts. Let’s take a look at the stairlift products Bruno has to offer.
Stairlifts made by Bruno are custom-built to meet your specific needs ensuring that each stairlift produced is one of a kind specially manufactured to conform exactly to the specifications of your home. Stairlift options are available for both indoor and outdoor use.
The Elan Stair Lift (SRE-3050)
The Elan stairlift (SRE-3050 model) is an indoor model of stairlift made to ease movement up and down straight stairs. It is a winning combination of elegant design, superior functionality, and simplicity.
- Its five-inch rail margin is the narrowest in the entire industry
- Backup battery
- Safety features such as seat belt, offset swivel seat, and safety sensors on the footplate and carriage.
- The track is covered
- Two wireless remotes
- Foldable design
- Some optional features such as folding rail, power swivel seat, and power-folding footrest are also available depending on customer preference
- Its five-inch margin vertical rail and foldable design ensure it never poses an obstruction problem to other persons using the stairs.
- Sensors detect possible obstructions on the stairs and halt the movement of the stairlift
- Offset swivel seats and seat belts also contribute to ensuring the overall safety of users.
- Covered track helps to keep maintenance requirements at a minimum
- Backup battery guarantees the use of stairlifts in the advent of a power outage or other temporary electrical disturbances.
- The inclusion of continuous charge strips along the rail power unit ensures continuous charging no matter the location of the stairlift on the rail.
- Adjustable seat height for comfort.
- Cannot be used by persons over the 300 lb limit
- Can only be used on straight stairs.
The Elite Curved Stair Lift (CRE 2110)
The elite curved stair lift s the name implies is the ideal choice of stairlift for use on curved staircases and staircases with landings.
- 400 lb capacity (190kg)
- Handcrafted rail
- Smooth start and stop
- Optional mid park and charge station
- Patented vertical rail design
- Backup battery
- Safety features such as seat belt, offset swivel seat, and safety sensors
- Covered gear rack
- Two wireless remotes
- Foldable design
- Some optional features such as folding rail, power swivel seat and power-folding footrest, larger footrest, and larger seat pad are also available depending on customer preference.
- Can be used on curved stairs.
- Larger capacity of 400 lbs
- Rail is handcrafted to ensure an accurate and precise fit.
- Adjustable seat height for maximum comfort.
- Swivel seat features and retractable seat belts also contribute to ensuring the overall safety of users.
- Covered gear rail helps to keep maintenance requirements at a minimum
- Backup battery guarantees use of stairlift in the advent of a power outage
- Obstruction sensors to improve safety and minimize accidents
- Foldable design promotes efficient space management.
- Availability of other optional features ensures that stairlifts can be customized to taste and preference.
- No continuous charging although there is an optional mid park and charge feature
- Warranty is only limited to five years.
- Quite expensive
Bruno’s Outdoor Models
Bruno also provides outdoor stairlift options such as the CRE 2110E for use on outdoor curved stairs and the SRE 2010E for use on outdoor straight stairs. Both models are made of very durable, highly weather-resistant materials. They have also undergone quality tests under varying environmental conditions to ensure the safety of users. Both models have a waterproof covering included to ensure that stairlifts remain dry and ready for use at any time. The weight limit for both models is also 400lbs. A downside however is that the warranty on Bruno’s outdoor stairlift models is limited to five years only.
Because Bruno’s stairlifts are engineered and designed to fit accurately into your staircase, costs of individual stairlifts plus installation may vary. Factors such as the type of stairs, the length, the model of stairlift, and your local dealer’s valuation all contribute towards the final price tag.
The Elan SRE 3050 stairlift is priced at a starting price of approximately $3000 including installation and warranty on stairlift components. The outdoor model for straight stairs (SRE 2010) also starts at approximately the same price although because of additional features like weather-resistant materials used in its production, it could end up being slightly more expensive than its indoor counterpart.
The CRE 2110 is priced at a starting price of approximately $9500 because the rails are handcrafted. The cost of the CRE 2110E also starts at around that range but is expected to be more expensive than its indoor version.
You can also make use of Bruno’s free quotes service to know exactly how much the purchase of a stairlift is going to cost you. You can also visit the Bruno production plant to test out the models to determine the one you are most comfortable with.
Every day an increasing number of seniors lose more and more of their precious independence. Not being able to carry out most simple tasks on their own (even tasks as simple as climbing up and down a flight of stairs) leaves a lot of elderly citizens frustrated. The advent of stairlifts, however, is a major source of relief for seniors and their loved ones.
Stairlifts are devices of modern technology that are used to move people (especially the elderly and people with disabilities) up and down a flight of stairs. Stairlifts help seniors maintain some form of independence over their movement while simultaneously cutting back on the risks associated with falls from stairs. Stairlifts possess different unique features depending on the manufacturer and on the model of the stairlift as well as the type of stairs it is to be used on.
If you’re looking out for high performance, quality and safety assured stairlift irrespective of the price, then Bruno stairlifts are what you need.