Phased retirement has emerged as a workplace strategy that enables older employees to gradually transition from full-time work to retirement, by reducing their responsibilities and
Lifeline vs. Life Assure – A Side by Side Comparison
Lifeline and Life Assure Medical Alert Systems are two leading companies in the Canadian medical alert industry, dedicated to providing seniors and people with disabilities a sense of security and independence. With their commitment to innovation and high-quality services, both companies offer a range of products designed to cater to diverse needs and lifestyles. As they strive to enhance the well-being and safety of their users, Lifeline and Life Assure have become trusted names in the world of personal emergency response systems. This comprehensive comparison aims to provide an in-depth analysis of the two companies, enabling you to make an informed decision on the best medical alert system for your specific needs.
Having said that, let’s dive into the main differences between the 2 companies.
Lifeline Company Overview
Lifeline is a medical alert system provider that has been around since 1974. Lifeline offers several medical alert system options, including in-home systems, mobile options, and fall detection devices. The company operates throughout North America and has 2 Canadian call centres in both Toronto and Montreal.
Features & Services
Lifeline offers several features to its users, such as:
- 24/7 Emergency Response Service: Lifeline has 2 call centres that are staffed with trained professionals who are available to respond to emergency calls at any time of day or night.
- In-Home Systems: Lifeline has several in-home medical alert systems that connect to a user’s landline or cellular network. These systems include a base unit and a wearable help button that can be worn as a pendant or wristband.
- Mobile Options: Lifeline also offers mobile medical alert systems that are GPS-enabled and can be used outside of the home. These devices can be worn as a pendant or wristband and can be used to call for help in case of an emergency.
- Fall Detection Technology: Lifeline has fall detection technology that can automatically detect falls and call for help if a user is unable to press the help button.
- In business for more than 45 years
Lifeline’s cost varies depending on the system you choose and the location you are in. It will range from $42-$70 CAD. In general, there is an activation fee depending on your install method, and then users pay a monthly fee for the monitoring service. Lifeline does not require any long-term contracts, and users can cancel their service at any time.
Pros & Cons
Some of the pros of Lifeline include its long history in the industry, its variety of system options, and its fall detection technology. However, some of the cons include its cost, which can be higher than some other medical alert system providers, and the fact that some users have reported difficulty canceling their service.
Overall, Lifeline is a well-established medical alert system provider with several options to choose from. It may be a good choice for those who are looking for a variety of system options and reliable fall detection technology.
Life Assure Company Overview
Life Assure is a relatively new player in the medical alert industry, dedicated to providing high-quality personal emergency response systems for seniors and individuals with disabilities. The company has quickly gained recognition for its competitive pricing, user-friendly devices, and commitment to customer satisfaction.
Features & Services
- Diverse Plans: Life Assure offers a range of plans to cater to different needs and lifestyles, including:
- Basic: A cost-effective solution with essential features such as 24/7 professional monitoring and landline or cellular connectivity.
- Premium: An enhanced plan with additional features like mobile GPS technology and fall detection.
- Total: A comprehensive package offering complete peace of mind, including all features from the Basic and Premium plans, along with medication reminders.
- 24/7 Professional Monitoring: Life Assure’s monitoring services are available around the clock, ensuring that users can receive immediate assistance in case of an emergency. Certified emergency responders at U.S.-based call centers handle alerts efficiently and professionally.
- Equipment and Devices: Life Assure’s medical alert devices are designed with user-friendliness in mind.
- Landline and Cellular Options: Compatible with both traditional landlines and modern cellular networks for seamless connectivity.
- Mobile GPS Technology: Allows for accurate location tracking, making it easier for emergency responders to locate users in need of assistance.
- Fall Detection: Automatically detects falls and sends an alert to the monitoring center.
- Waterproof Devices: Designed to be worn even in the shower or bath, ensuring continuous protection.
- Customer Support
Life Assure’s customer support team is available to assist with any questions or concerns, providing guidance on installation, usage, and troubleshooting. The company prides itself on offering personalized, attentive service to ensure user satisfaction.
Life Assure Medical Alert Systems offers affordable and competitive pricing options to cater to various budgets and requirements. Their Basic plan starts at around $29.99 per month, providing essential features such as 24/7 professional monitoring and landline or cellular connectivity. For users seeking more advanced features, the Premium plan, priced at around $49.95 per month, includes mobile GPS technology and fall detection. Life Assure’s commitment to providing cost-effective solutions without compromising on quality makes it an attractive choice for seniors and individuals with disabilities looking for reliable medical alert systems.
Pros & Cons
When considering Life Assure Medical Alert Systems, it is essential to weigh the pros and cons to determine if their offerings align with your needs and preferences. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of choosing Life Assure:
- Competitive Pricing: Life Assure offers affordable monthly fees, making it accessible to a wider range of users without compromising on quality or essential features.
- User-friendly Devices: Life Assure’s equipment is designed with seniors and individuals with disabilities in mind, ensuring ease of use and simplicity.
- Mobile GPS Technology: The availability of mobile GPS technology in some plans allows for accurate location tracking, making it easier for emergency responders to locate users in need of assistance.
- Fall Detection: The inclusion of fall detection in the Premium and Total plans offers an extra layer of protection for users who may be at risk of falling.
- Newer Company: As a relatively newer company in the medical alert industry, Life Assure may not have the same level of brand recognition or an extensive history of achievements and milestones compared to more established providers..
- Fall Detection Not Included in Basic Plan: Fall detection, an essential feature for many users, is not included in the Basic plan and requires an upgrade to a higher-tier plan. Very common across all companies.
Considering these pros and cons, it’s essential to evaluate your specific needs, budget, and preferences when deciding if Life Assure Medical Alert Systems is the right choice for you or your loved ones.
Both Life Assure and Lifeline offer reliable and high-quality medical alert systems designed to cater to the needs of seniors and individuals with disabilities. While Life Assure is a newer company with competitive pricing and diverse plans, Lifeline is a well-established brand with a long-standing reputation and a wider range of options for both in-home and on-the-go users.
Ultimately, the decision comes down to your specific needs and preferences. If cost-effectiveness and a variety of plan options are your priority, Life Assure may be the better choice for you. However, if brand recognition and experience in the industry are more important to you, Lifeline could be the ideal option. It is crucial to carefully evaluate the features, pricing, and customer reviews of both companies before making an informed decision that best suits your needs and lifestyle.
Pet therapy, also known as animal-assisted therapy, has gained recognition as an effective non-pharmacological treatment for many patients, including seniors. It is a goal-oriented intervention