Find out more about stair lifts and installation by calling a representative now.
Stair Lifts Tignish, Prince Edward Island
Acorn Stairlifts are installed somewhere in the world every eight minutes, every single day of the year. Acorn has been striving to create new benchmarks in quality and innovation for the stairlift industry since its formation in 1992.
Looking for Stair Lifts in Tignish? Seniors Bulletin can help! Stair Lifts Gives You Security In Your Own Home.
Seniors Bulletin: Stair Lifts For Seniors
In Canada, stair lifts are a great way to help seniors get around their homes safely and comfortably. They’re also great for people with disabilities and anyone else who has difficulty climbing stairs.
Stair lifts are a solution that can make all the difference in your life, whether you’re an elderly person living alone or someone who is just looking to make their life easier.
If you’ve ever been frustrated trying to get up and down the stairs in your home, then a stair lift may be right for you! If you’re a parent, caregiver or manager of someone who has suffered a stroke or other debilitating brain or spinal cord injury, your risk of falling is significantly greater than the general population.
To reduce your risk of falls, a stair lift may be your solution!
Seniors Bulletin Ratings & Reviews for Tignish, PEI
- Best Overall
- Acorn Stairlifts are installed somewhere in the world every eight minutes, every single day of the year. Acorn has been striving to create new benchmarks in quality and innovation for the stairlift industry since its formation in 1992.
- Most Popular (US)
- For three decades, Bruno Independent Living Aids has helped people with restricted mobility live happier, more fulfilling lives.
- Outdoor Options
- Handicare’s global headquarters is located in Stockholm, Sweden, while its north North American headquarters and manufacturing facility is situated in St. Louis, Missouri.
Tignish Nearby Service Areas:
Aging In Place For Seniors: Stair Lifts For Seniors
If you have been staying in your Tignish home much of your life or if you have simply relocated to a brand new household, then you certainly want to remain , especially if you are near your close friends and loved ones. According to a study by AARP, even as they get older, approximately 90% of seniors prefer to stay in their homes. However this is actually not as easy as it appears and along with physical health decreasing just as one grows older, it comes to be increasingly hard for seniors to stay independently, primarily if you have stairs in your home that you need to go up on a daily basis.
Staircases can be just one of uppermost challenging and unsafe areas at home. Luckily, there are actually options that can allow your loved one or you to stay at home as well as be actually independent for longer as well as a stair lift can be an excellent benefit for individuals dealing with movement concerns, those using a walker or individuals in a wheelchair
What actually is a stair lift? A stair lift is an useful piece of equipment that can easily help you to be mobile as well as it brings you down and up the staircases, enabling you to move about in your home conveniently as well as engage in things that you would most likely be unable to undertake typically.
A stair lift is practically an automated seat that assists to lift you down and up the stairs. A track or rail is generally placed to the stair treads as well as a chair or perhaps a hauling platform is affixed to the track. In , you can easily get on the chair or the platform and the chair slides along the path enabling you get up as well as down the stairs. You additionally have designs wherein you can take your wheelchair on the stair lift and these are known as platform lifts.
Stair Lifts are a large help to the seniors and people with movement difficulties who consider it a challenge to use the stairs in their house.
Key Benefits For Seniors
Safety and Comfort
A stair lift offers automated passage down and up the staircases. The chair of the stair lift features a safety harness that ensures that you are safe when the stair lift is in motion. Today, the majority of stair lifts have built-in safety functions that will definitely prevent its operation in case it comes across an obstruction on the stairs or if any kind of component of the stair lift such as the seat, armrests or footrest is not in its right setting. The stair lifts also are outfitted alongside a safety lock that stops any type of accidental usage or even children from using the chair.
Generally, the chair of the stair lift comes with a modifiable and padded seat and also armrests that offer max support. You can additionally calibrate the foot rest depending on to your height.
Easy To Use
Who Needs a Stair Lift?
According to Statistics Canada, Falls are the most common cause of injury among older Canadians. Every year, it is estimated 1 in 3 seniors aged 65 years and older are likely to fall at least once. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems. See our full reviews and compare all stair lifts in Canada.
People Who Benefit Most From Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are primarily used by and are also a very good assistance for:
- Aging in place seniors
- People having walking and also mobility issues
- Those using a wheel rollator or in a wheelchair
- Individuals with a health issue
- People having a sports impairment
- People with balance issues
- Those with knee and also back conditions
Prince Edward Island Healthcare Facts
- One third of all independently living Canadian seniors experience at least one fall each year.
- In Prince Edward Island, every 10 minutes there is at least one senior who will be in the Emergency Department due to a fall.
- In Prince Edward Island, every 30 minutes there is at least one senior who will be be admitted to the hospital due to a fall.
- It is 9 times more likely for seniors to have a fall related injury compared to people who are less than 65 years of age.
- Medications used to treat Alzheimer’s patients also predisposes them to fainting and falling.
Different Types Of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
Wheelchair and Platform Stair Lifts
Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
Standing Stair Lifts
Buying Process For Stair Lifts
Manufacturers and distributors of stair lift generally have their own process. However, it all boils down to 3 easy steps!
Request a visit from the stair lift provider! They will provide you with an in-home assessment. Most providers or distributors provide this service for FREE! Their teams will help you decide which stair lift is best for your home and your budget.
DESIGN QUOTEThey will provide the quote to you that includes all your design elements and details regarding your stair lift. Take the time you need to review the quote. It is a very important part of the process!
INSTALLATIONOnce the quote is signed, providers or distributor will put your stair lift in production. The installation team will reach out to you and arrange a time for technicians to install your stair lift. It generally takes less than a day for installation but times may vary based on the complexity of your home’s stairs.
Funding For Stair Lifts In Tignish
New supports offer more and better assistance to Islanders living with disabilities. Disabilities may include physical, intellectual, neurological, sensory and mental disabilities. Some of the new or enhanced supports include:
- support for all disabilities including physical, intellectual, neurological, sensory and mental, based on an assessment;
- a new assessment tool to help better understand how the disability affects activities of daily living to ensure appropriate support is provided;
- a supports coordinator to navigate all available support services and develop a personalized plan to meet individual needs;
- increased supports for finding or keeping a job including coaching and skills training;
- increased financial help for home and vehicle modifications required because of a disability -$10,000 every 10 years for home (was $2,000 in a lifetime) and $6,000 every 8 years for a vehicle (was $2,000 in a lifetime); and
- a single point of contact by calling a toll-free number for easier access to support.
You will meet with a staff person who will conduct an assessment to determine how disability affects your daily life and how AccessAbility Supports can help meet your needs. If you are a current disability support client, you will be automatically enrolled in AccessAbility Supports.Visit Website
Home Accessibility Expenses Tax Credit
The HATC is a non-refundable tax credit for eligible home renovation or alteration expenses that allow a qualifying individual to gain access to, or to be mobile or functional within the eligible dwelling or reduce the risk of harm to the qualifying individual within the dwelling or in gaining access to the dwelling.
- Must be 65 years or older, or
- Medical practitioner must fill out and certify that you have a severe and prolonged impairment and must describe its effects on you
- Up to $10,000/Year
Medical Expense Tax Credit
- Eligible medical expenses for yourself, spouse/common-law partner & dependent children (Stairlift needs doctor’s prescription)
Disability Tax Credit
The Disability Tax Credit is a non-refundable tax credit in Canada for individuals who have a severe and prolonged impairment in physical or mental function. An impairment qualifies as prolonged if it is expected to or has lasted at least 12 months.
While this will not directly support any home accessibility equipment or medical alert systems, if eligible, it can provide you with a maximum credit of $8,870 for an adult, which can help towards those needs.
A medical practitioner must certify you as eligible for the Disability Tax Credit. They must state you have a severe and prolonged impairment in 1 of the categories, significant limitations in 2 or more categories, or receive therapy to support a vital function.
Canada Not-For-Profit Organizations
Ceridian Cares provides grants for the following types of needs:
- Clothing and Footwear: Seasonal clothing, boots, shoes, children’s clothing, work clothing, outerwear
- Food and Basic Household Needs: Food, blankets, mattresses, cookware/dishes, small appliances, towels, diapers, cribs, personal hygiene
- Medical Devices and Therapies: Prosthetics, eyewear, medical equipment, home adjustments for barrier free living, respite services, braille books, short-term counselling services, physiotherapy
- Personal Development and Recreation: Children’s programs, camp, art supplies, books, athletic programs
Please note: These are examples only and the list is not exhaustive. Grants typically range from $200 to $4000 to a maximum grant of $5000.
Applicant must be
- 18 years of age or older
- A Canadian resident
- An individual or family in need of financial assistance related to the types of items supported by Ceridian Cares
Please note: Ceridian Cares will not provide grants to the same recipient in consecutive years.
Easter Seals Canada
March of Dimes Canada
- Manual and Power Wheelchairs
- Replacement Batteries
- Knee Ankle Foot Orthosis (KAFO)
- Ankle Foot Orthosis (AFO)
- Home and Bath Aids
- Floor Patient Lifts
- Basic Aids for Daily Living
- Repairs to Existing Devices
Muscular Dystrophe Canada
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
Provides services to people with multiple sclerosis and their families and funds research to find the cause and cure for this disease.
Loan pool and may provide assistance with funding for equipment for those with MS.
- Assistive devices
- Mobility devices
- Home modifications
Funding eligibility varies from province to province – check the website for more information.
Veterans Affairs Canada - Veterans Independence Program For Primary Caregivers
The Veterans Independence Program for primary caregivers provides annual tax-free funding to help cover the cost for services such as grounds maintenance and housekeeping. This program helps the primary caregivers – of a Veteran who was receiving the Veterans Independence Program and who has now moved to long term care or is deceased – remain in their home and community.
This program does not replace other federal, provincial or municipal programs. Instead, it is intended to work with those programs to help meet your needs.
- Assistive devices
- Mobility devices
- Home modifications
To qualify for either housekeeping and/or grounds maintenance, the Veteran must have been eligible for that service through the Veterans Independence Program and has now moved to long term care or is deceased.
More Stair Lift Reviews
Hearing Aids Canada
Hearing is one of the most vital senses for humans, as it allows us to communicate and connect with the world around us. Unfortunately, hearing
Falling Down the Stairs: Causes, Prevention, and Treatment
Falling down the stairs can be an alarming experience, and it can happen to anyone, regardless of age or physical condition. The consequences of falling
Decluttering the Home for Seniors: A Concise Guide for a Simplified Living
Decluttering for seniors to decrease the risk of falling
Seniors Working After Retirement
Seniors working after retirement is becoming a common trend in Canada. Many seniors are pushing the retirement age, and choosing to continue working past the
Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP): A Guide For Seniors
Aging is an inevitable and natural process that we and our parents face. It can be a positive experience but it can also hold many
Muscle Loss In Seniors
Muscle atrophy is the loss of muscle mass and strength that can occur due to various factors such as disuse, aging, malnutrition, or underlying medical
In Health News
No feed items found.