Stair Lifts Vancouver, British Columbia
Acorn Stairlifts are installed somewhere in the world every eight minutes, every single day of the year. Acorn has been striving to create new benchmarks in quality and innovation for the stairlift industry since its formation in 1992.
Looking for Stair Lifts in Vancouver? Seniors Bulletin can help!
Stair Lifts Gives You Security In Your Own Home.
Stair Lifts: What You Need To Know
In Canada, stair lifts are a great way to help seniors get around their homes safely and comfortably. They’re also great for people with disabilities and anyone else who has difficulty climbing stairs.
Stair lifts are a solution that can make all the difference in your life, whether you’re an elderly person living alone or someone who is just looking to make their life easier.
If you’ve ever been frustrated trying to get up and down the stairs in your home, then a stair lift may be right for you! If you’re a parent, caregiver or manager of someone who has suffered a stroke or other debilitating brain or spinal cord injury, your risk of falling is significantly greater than the general population.
To reduce your risk of falls, a stair lift may be your solution!
Seniors Bulletin Ratings & Reviews for Vancouver
- Best Overall
- Acorn Stairlifts are installed somewhere in the world every eight minutes, every single day of the year. Acorn has been striving to create new benchmarks in quality and innovation for the stairlift industry since its formation in 1992.
- Most Popular (US)
- For three decades, Bruno Independent Living Aids has helped people with restricted mobility live happier, more fulfilling lives.
- Outdoor Options
- Handicare’s global headquarters is located in Stockholm, Sweden, while its north North American headquarters and manufacturing facility is situated in St. Louis, Missouri.
Aging In Place For Seniors: Benefits Of A Stair Lift
If you have been living in your Vancouver household much of your life or if you have plainly moved to a brand-new home, then you certainly want to continue to be here, primarily if you are near your friends and colleagues and also relatives. Base on a research study by AARP, even as they age, around 90% of seniors choose to remain in their homes. Although this is not as easy as it appears and with physical well-being declining as one grows older, it comes to be increasingly more hard for seniors to remain on their own, primarily if you have stairs in your house that you require to navigate on a daily basis.
Stairs could be just one of uppermost tough and unsafe locations in your home. Thankfully, there are actually methods that can certainly allow your loved one or even you to remain at home as well as be actually self-sufficient for longer and a stair lift can be a good advantage for individuals dealing with mobility concerns, those using a wheel rollator or people in a wheelchair
So, what essentially is a stair lift? A stair lift is a simple tool that can easily assist you to be mobile as well as it transports you up and down the staircases, permitting you to move about in your home conveniently as well as engage in things that you would certainly be not able to do typically.
A stair lift is in a nutshell a mechanical seat that helps to lift you up and down the staircases. A track or rail is usually placed to the staircase treads and also a seat or a lifting platform is attached to the track. In , you can get onto the chair or the platform as well as the chair slides along the path enabling you get up and also down the stairs. You additionally have styles wherein you can easily use your wheelchair on the stair lift and these are known as platform lifts.
Stair Lifts are a huge help to the senior citizens and also people with mobility issues who believe it a challenge to navigate the stairs in their house.
Key Benefits For Seniors
Safety and Comfort
A stair lift offers automated passage up and down the staircases. The seat of the stair lift features a seat belt that makes certain that you are actually secure when the stair lift is in action. Today, many stair lifts have built-in safety measure functions that will certainly avoid its operation in the event it experiences an obstruction on the staircases or even if any aspect of the stair lift such as the chair, armrests or foot rest is actually not in its proper position. The stair lifts also are geared up alongside a protection lock that protects against any kind of accidental usage or kids from using the chair.
Usually, the seat of the stair lift features an adjustable and also cushioned seating as well as armrests that offer max comfort. You can also adjust the foot rest depending on to your height.
Who Needs a Stair Lift?
According to Statistics Canada, Falls are the most common cause of injury among older Canadians. Every year, it is estimated 1 in 3 seniors aged 65 years and older are likely to fall at least once. Stairs in the house can be a huge risk for people with mobility problems. See our full reviews and compare all stair lifts in Canada.
People Who Benefit Most From Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts are largely used by and a wonderful assistance for:
- Aging in place elders
- People having walking and movability issues
- Those using a wheel rollator or in a wheelchair
- Individuals with a health condition
- People having a sports injury
- Persons with balance concerns
- Those with knee and back conditions
British Columbia Healthcare Facts
- One third of all independently living Canadian seniors experience at least one fall each year.
- In British Columbia, every 10 minutes there is at least one senior who will be in the Emergency Department due to a fall.
- In British Columbia, every 30 minutes there is at least one senior who will be be admitted to the hospital due to a fall.
- It is 9 times more likely for seniors to have a fall related injury compared to people who are less than 65 years of age.
- Medications used to treat Alzheimer’s patients also predisposes them to fainting and falling.
Different Types Of Stair Lifts
Stair Lifts for Straight Stairs
Stair Lifts for Curved Stairs
Wheelchair and Platform Stair Lifts
Outdoor Or Exterior Stair Lifts
Standing Stair Lifts
Buying Process For Stair Lifts
Manufacturers and distributors of stair lift generally have their own process. However, it all boils down to 3 easy steps!
Request a visit from the stair lift provider! They will provide you with an in-home assessment. Most providers or distributors provide this service for FREE! Their teams will help you decide which stair lift is best for your home and your budget.
DESIGN QUOTEThey will provide the quote to you that includes all your design elements and details regarding your stair lift. Take the time you need to review the quote. It is a very important part of the process!
INSTALLATIONOnce the quote is signed, providers or distributor will put your stair lift in production. The installation team will reach out to you and arrange a time for technicians to install your stair lift. It generally takes less than a day for installation but times may vary based on the complexity of your home’s stairs.
Funding For Stair Lifts In Vancouver
BC Rebate for Accessible Home Adaptations (BC RAHA)
The BC RAHA program is now accepting applications. BC RAHA is allocated on a first come, first served basis with priority given to complete applications. The program will close on March 31, 2023, or sooner if funds have been exhausted.
The BC Rebate for Accessible Home Adaptations (BC RAHA) program provides financial help in the form of rebates to eligible low-income households to complete home adaptations for independent living. A lifetime maximum amount of $17,500 applies.
Homeowners have different program requirements than landlord or tenants. There is an application for Landlord/Tenant, and a separate and completely different application for Homeowners. Requirements are also different. Please see website for full details.
BC Rehab Individual Grant Application
Funds a range of new and used equipment and will consider even the most obscure devices if they will assist an individual in their quality of life and personal mobility. Examples of the most frequently funded equipment include:
- Power wheelchairs
- Manual Wheelchairs
- Driver’s rehab lessons
- Custom orthotics
- Specialized wheelchair seating systems
- Portable lift system
- Recreation therapy opportunities
- Assistive technology devices (e.g. Dragon speaking software)
Awards are considered by a combination of factors. Approved applications typically demonstrate a severe need, an inability to acquire the needed equipment through other means and must meet financial and medical qualifications.
Canadian Red Cross - Health Equipment Loan Program
Canadian Red Cross Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP) provides Canadians with health equipment on a donation basis.
- Long Term Program
- Advanced Short Term Program
- Basic Short Term Program
Low Income Grant Supplement for Seniors
In British Columbia, this supplement allows low income seniors to supplement their home owner grant if it’s been reduced or eliminated because of the high assessed value of their principal residence.Visit Website
Seniors Advocacy Service - Seniors Living Well Life After 60
Life After 60 steps its up where health care ends, supporting Senior’s in BC with Medical Priorities. It’s what we’re passionate about and we anticipate to cover a wide spectrum of support.
Funding from Life After 60 helps to cover costs for medical priorities such as: dental care, eye glasses, hearing aids, mobility devices and much more.Eligibility
Funding is based on financial needs and family demographics.Visit Website
Provincial Not-For-Profit Organizations
Vancouver Foundation grants to hundreds of charities and non-profits in BC every year. Their vision is to create healthy, vibrant, and livable communities, that is focused on supporting projects that address the root causes of important issues. The Vancouver Fund may not provide funds directly for your needs but may provide funding for other charities that may be suitable. Subscribe to their mailing list for future grands and funds.Basic Eligibility
Not applicable.Visit Website
Home Accessibility Expenses Tax Credit
The HATC is a non-refundable tax credit for eligible home renovation or alteration expenses that allow a qualifying individual to gain access to, or to be mobile or functional within the eligible dwelling or reduce the risk of harm to the qualifying individual within the dwelling or in gaining access to the dwelling.
- Must be 65 years or older, or
- Medical practitioner must fill out and certify that you have a severe and prolonged impairment and must describe its effects on you
- Up to $10,000/Year
Medical Expense Tax Credit
- Eligible medical expenses for yourself, spouse/common-law partner & dependent children (Stairlift needs doctor’s prescription)
Disability Tax Credit
The Disability Tax Credit is a non-refundable tax credit in Canada for individuals who have a severe and prolonged impairment in physical or mental function. An impairment qualifies as prolonged if it is expected to or has lasted at least 12 months.
While this will not directly support any home accessibility equipment or medical alert systems, if eligible, it can provide you with a maximum credit of $8,870 for an adult, which can help towards those needs.
A medical practitioner must certify you as eligible for the Disability Tax Credit. They must state you have a severe and prolonged impairment in 1 of the categories, significant limitations in 2 or more categories, or receive therapy to support a vital function.
Canada Not-For-Profit Organizations
Ceridian Cares provides grants for the following types of needs:
- Clothing and Footwear: Seasonal clothing, boots, shoes, children’s clothing, work clothing, outerwear
- Food and Basic Household Needs: Food, blankets, mattresses, cookware/dishes, small appliances, towels, diapers, cribs, personal hygiene
- Medical Devices and Therapies: Prosthetics, eyewear, medical equipment, home adjustments for barrier free living, respite services, braille books, short-term counselling services, physiotherapy
- Personal Development and Recreation: Children’s programs, camp, art supplies, books, athletic programs
Please note: These are examples only and the list is not exhaustive. Grants typically range from $200 to $4000 to a maximum grant of $5000.
Applicant must be
- 18 years of age or older
- A Canadian resident
- An individual or family in need of financial assistance related to the types of items supported by Ceridian Cares
Please note: Ceridian Cares will not provide grants to the same recipient in consecutive years.
Easter Seals Canada
March of Dimes Canada
- Manual and Power Wheelchairs
- Replacement Batteries
- Knee Ankle Foot Orthosis (KAFO)
- Ankle Foot Orthosis (AFO)
- Home and Bath Aids
- Floor Patient Lifts
- Basic Aids for Daily Living
- Repairs to Existing Devices
Muscular Dystrophe Canada
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
Provides services to people with multiple sclerosis and their families and funds research to find the cause and cure for this disease.
Loan pool and may provide assistance with funding for equipment for those with MS.
- Assistive devices
- Mobility devices
- Home modifications
Funding eligibility varies from province to province – check the website for more information.
Veterans Affairs Canada - Veterans Independence Program For Primary Caregivers
The Veterans Independence Program for primary caregivers provides annual tax-free funding to help cover the cost for services such as grounds maintenance and housekeeping. This program helps the primary caregivers – of a Veteran who was receiving the Veterans Independence Program and who has now moved to long term care or is deceased – remain in their home and community.
This program does not replace other federal, provincial or municipal programs. Instead, it is intended to work with those programs to help meet your needs.
- Assistive devices
- Mobility devices
- Home modifications
To qualify for either housekeeping and/or grounds maintenance, the Veteran must have been eligible for that service through the Veterans Independence Program and has now moved to long term care or is deceased.
More Stair Lift Reviews
Hearing Aids Canada
Hearing is one of the most vital senses for humans, as it allows us to communicate and connect with the world around us. Unfortunately, hearing
Falling Down the Stairs: Causes, Prevention, and Treatment
Falling down the stairs can be an alarming experience, and it can happen to anyone, regardless of age or physical condition. The consequences of falling
Decluttering the Home for Seniors: A Concise Guide for a Simplified Living
Decluttering for seniors to decrease the risk of falling
Seniors Working After Retirement
Seniors working after retirement is becoming a common trend in Canada. Many seniors are pushing the retirement age, and choosing to continue working past the
Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP): A Guide For Seniors
Aging is an inevitable and natural process that we and our parents face. It can be a positive experience but it can also hold many
Muscle Loss In Seniors
Muscle atrophy is the loss of muscle mass and strength that can occur due to various factors such as disuse, aging, malnutrition, or underlying medical
In Health News
- Residential Stairlifts Market Size 2022 Covid-19 Impact Analysis by Industry Trends, Future ...
- Wheelchair Platform Stairlifts Market Size and Forecast Till 2029 | ACORN, Handicare, Stannah
- These Monthly Dividend Payers Could Carry Your Portfolio for Years - Yahoo Finance
- Patient Transfer Device Market Set to Witness Explosive Growth by 2029 | Arjo, Hill-Rom
- Incredible Growth of Indoor Stair Lift Market by 2029 - The Nelson Post
- Comprehensive Study On Chair Lifts Market With Stannah Stairlifts, Acorn ... - The Nelson Post
- Comprehensive Study On Stairlifts Market With ACORN, Harmar, Amramp, Bruno, Stannah
- Patient Lifting Equipment Market is Thriving worldwide by 2029| Arjo, , DJO Global
- Patient Transfer Lift Equipment Market is Booming Worldwide with Hill-Rom Holdings ...
- Patient Lifting Equipment Market to Witness Astonishing Growth by 2029 | Arjo, DJO global
- Savaria Declares Monthly Dividend | Northern News
- Global Analysis on Indoor Stair Lift Market With Symax Lift, Qingdao Sinofirst Machinery ...
- Waiting for an accessible unit, this St. John's woman is trapped in her bedroom | CBC News